Major Release (v2.9.1) - Early September 2020
Today the development team is proud to announce the release of the newest version of All Day Role Play to the Live community. Everyone on the team has been working tirelessly on getting this stuff ready for release, and we finally believe we are ready to showcase and release these changes to the community.
Before we delve into the specific notes of this update, we just want to take the time to let the community know that we appreciate your utmost patience in waiting for this update to release, we know this update cycle has been a little slower than previous ones and we were just as anxious as you guys to get it out.
A Quick Note from Taso - Skip this if you think I’m boring
If some of you aren’t aware, I was added to the development team around two months ago now, right around the time the team began to work on all of these changes for you. I started at square one with a codebase of nearly 2 million lines of code and no experience developing for the FiveM platform. But, using my past experience as a Fullstack developer as well as utilizing @Chief-Tron’s excellent experience when needed, I’ve since grown extremely comfortable with developing for this platform. I hope some of the changes coming with this update reflect some of the aspects I can bring to the table.
Now on to the update
This update brings a totally custom made radio resource made to replace the old radio system present on the server. The new radio system now allows you to change the volume of players on your radio station while preserving the volume of players around you.
How’s It Used?
The new radio resource operates almost exactly the same as the previous one with a few key differences. You can use the command method or the keybind method.
/radio ~ Toggles the HUD if you have a radio in your inventory
Shift + F2 ~ Also toggles the HUD
One of the most limiting factors to the overall player experience in previous versions of ADRP has always been the lack of a solid GUI/HUD interface for the inventory system. This changes with this iteration of ADRP as we are introducing a custom inventory system that replaces the old inventory in its entirety. In fact, you will not be able to enter your inventory through the K menu as before. Considering how new this custom resource is and the method in which it operates. We will require as much feedback as possible from the player base to ensure the best experience for our players.
How’s It Used?
By default, you will be able to open the new inventory system by pressing the
Ikey by default on the keyboard. This is actually rebindable at the player’s discretion, which is a new feature we have been rework into old resources. I’ll go into more detail with this change in the next section.
Starting with this update, we will begin to recode some of our existing resources to start accepting custom keybinds rather than ones explicitly set by us in the code. This allows for any of the new recoded resources to be easily customized by visiting
Settings → Keybindings → FiveMand changing the defaults as listed here.
Phone -> The default has been rebound to "O" as in Orange Inventory-> The default has been rebound to "I" as in India
How Many Resources Have Changed To This New System?
At the moment only two major resources have been switched to this system with a third police resource (radar) also available for the PD to customize as they see fit. The conversion of some resources to this method is on our To Do list but, we wanted to make sure we got it out for the two most important resources in our eyes.
An Updated Phone
This update brings some major changes to both the styling and some of the behind the scenes operation of how our phone resource works.
So, What Has Changed?
Basically every aspect of the phone’s overall styling has been overhauled and changed to bring it up to date with a more modern design language. As well as a styling overhaul, there are also a couple new features that have been added to this version of our phone.
New Feature: Photo
We have added the ability to send and receive photos in the Messages app that utilizes your own screen to send a picture of whatever you wish. To take a photo, simply right-click the input box (where it says “Send a message”) and follow the instructions shown on screen.
New Feature: GPS Locations
In addition to the photo feature, we have also enabled the ability to send GPS coordinates through the messages app as well. This allows you to send a GPS coordinate, that when clicked, sets your GPS to calculate a route to that location. This is activated in the same manner as the Photo.
Boring Tech Stuff If That Interests You
The backend of the phone is currently being overhauled and changed to allow for a plethora of new custom apps that aims to both change and improve current mechanics to better fit within the scope of RP realism. With the new backend system, the phone receives and stores a lot more data regarding the player state. Allowing for the integration of Apps like a Real Estate app, a White Pages app, and more.
The implementation of this system revolves around several technologies vue, vuex, and vue-router. If you ever have an interest in helping the project and the community and have past experience in Web Development (it doesn’t have to be Vue, experience in React is enough to get you started). @TasoAGC would be happy to see if you could help with the team. Let us know!
A UI Refresh
With the addition of myself (Taso) to the team, I hope to utilize some of my better Front-End design skills to our team’s skillset. This has resulted in starting the process of a massive overhaul of various UI elements to match our overall standard design language. Here are some of the UI elements that are coming with the new update.
A New Loading Screen
Another major element that is changing is the addition of the new loading screen as pictured below.
We are also taking this chance to push the completed redesign of our website
So How Do These Changes Affect You?
One thing you may start to notice is changes for the notification system that attempt to migrate to a cleaner and more modern style. One of these new standard notification systems is a custom notification system put together by @TasoAGC that is slowly being integrated into more and more of our scripts.
You may also begin to see the transition of certain UI elements to match our new standard style. We eventually want to convert everything but this may take quite some time considering the number of elements.
A New Housing and Furniture System
This update brings with it a totally new furniture system that allows for advanced placement of furniture items in conjunction with the new housing system that was also introduced during this update. This housing system operates totally independently of the housing system you may have been familiar with in previous versions of ADRP.
Below you can find a list of the new houses that were added and which are also compatible with the new furniture system.
New Houses Added with This Update
- 1 Grove St
- 2 Grove St
- 3 Grove St
- 4 Grove St
- 5 Grove St
- 6 Grove St
- 7 Grove St
- 8 Grove St
Roy L. Blvd
- 1 Roy L. Blvd
- 2 Roy L. Blvd
- 1 West Mirror Dr
- 2 West Mirror Dr
- 3 West Mirror Dr
- 4 West Mirror Dr
- 5 West Mirror Dr
- 1 Mirror Park Blvd
- 1 East Mirror Dr
- 2 East Mirror Dr
- 1 Nikola Pl.
- 2 Nikola Pl.
- 3 Nikola Pl.
- 4 Nikola Pl.
- 5 Nikola Pl.
- 6 Nikola Pl.
- 7 Nikola Pl.
- 1 Nikola Ave
- 7030 Milton Rd
- 1 Covenant Ave
- 1 Procopio Dr
The old housing system is incompatible with the new furniture system, only newly added houses can utilize the furniture system
How do I use this new system?
To use the new system make sure you have acquired one of the new homes included in this update. Once inside a home that you currently own, enter either command:
/furniture OR /furni
This will open the UI for the furniture system, from there it should be fairly self-explanatory.
- Removal of the radar gun
- Addition of an Officer Down alert system
- Changes to the crime alert system that adds a random chance of the crime being reported depending on the severity of the crime. Previously it was a 100% chance.
- Changed the crime alert notification to the ADRP notification system. This includes more information than shown previously.
- An upgrade to the police radar system. Police members contact command for instruction
- New backend admin system
- Transition of sensitive events to Tunnels and Proxys. Injectors beware
- Added and Optimized Rockford PD
- Added Fishing Shop
- Added Secondary City Hall
- Added Japanese Restaurant
- Added 7 Trailers to Stab City
- Changed the interior for the “Hen House”
- Added Legion Garage interior
- Removed Vespucci PD
- Reduced NPC Traffic/Ped population in an attempt to reduce ongoing Ped issues with the current FiveM OneSync build. We’ll need to monitor the results of these changes
- Added a trailer system to transport vehicles around (Slightly WIP)
- Replaced PD vehicles with new models and new handling lines. Find specific vehicles below tagged with (PD)
- Updated PD vehicle liveries
- Added an MRAP model
- Added 2020 Chevy Silverado TrailBoss (VIP)
- 2019 Porsche GT3 RS (VIP)
- 2019 Ford Mustang RTR (VIP)
- 2020 BMW X6 (VIP)
- 2020 BMW 750Li (VIP)
- 1978 Ford Bronco (VIP)
- Chevy Square Body C10 (VIP)
- Brabus G550 (VIP)
- Brabus GT 700 (VIP)
- Brabus 850 (VIP)
- Koenigsegg CCX (VIP)
- 2020 Cadillac CT5 350T (VIP)
- 2020 Rolls Royce Cullinan (VIP)
- 2021 Cadillac Escalade (VIP)
- 2019 GMC Sema Yukon (VIP)
- 2021 Nissan GTR 50 (VIP)
- 2020 Huracan Evo Coupe (VIP)
- 2020 Rolls Royce Phantom 8 Mansory (VIP)
- 2020 Rolls Royce Phantom 8 (VIP)
- 2020 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG (VIP)
- 2020 Ferrari F12 TDF (VIP)
- 2020 Audi RS7-R (VIP)
- 2020 Audi RS6 Wide Body (VIP)
- 2020 Hyundai Sonata (VIP)
- 2020 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster (VIP)
- 2020 Lamborghini Urus Venatus (VIP)
- Bugatti Veyron Oakley Design (VIP)
- 2020 BMW X7 (VIP)
- Caprice (PD)
- Charger (PD)
- CVPI (PD)
- F-150 (PD)
- F-250 (PD)
- Police Interceptor (PD)
- Explorer (PD)
- Ram (PD)
- Tahoe (PD)
- MRAP (PD)
- Added emergency blip system so both PD and EMS are able to see each other’s locations when on Duty.
- Fixed bug that turned the top-right hud black due to depreciation in a CSS property.
- Added flash to HUD that alerts the player when their hunger/thirst/health is low.
- Changes to how events are logged to Discord. If you are in EMS/PD you can see this when logging in and off duty
- Added persistent instructions on how to close an ID if one is opened
- Disabled the animation for opening doors for the current moment, if we find a better animation we will reenable it.
- Added sound-effect to opening locked doors
- Lowered the volume on certain sound effects like the heartbeat, the crash, and the seatbelt.
- Forced mouse support with the phone
- Now hiding weapon wheel stats
- Now hiding vanilla street names HUD element
- Now hiding vanilla vehicle names HUD element
- Added a seatbelt indicator to the vehicle info HUD element.
- Removed vStancer keybind from ~ and added a /vstancer command that does the exact same thing. We are going to be in the process of removing a bunch of keybinds in order to open them up for further development
- Removed and replaced our old seat system with one that isn’t so garbagé, this also fixed an issue with the door close animation getting stuck in a loop when in the passenger seat of a vehicle. This change also adds the /seat command (follow the in-game command suggestions for more information)
- Added a new command that hides all the hud elements as well as activates Cinema Mode. The command to toggle this is
- Lowered response time on odometer
- Optimized Prison resource
- Optimized Mosley Auto
- Optimized Al Dente Restaurant
- Optimized Flatbed vehicle
- Optimized mp_f_freemode_01^jbib_085_u.ydd
- Optimized 180SXRB
- Optimized Mustang 2019
- Removed some unnecessary occlusion files
- Optimized a long list of common MLO elements used throughout the map. This should yield a decent FPS increase.
- Fixed missing options for the lockerroom @ Paleto PD
- Fixed Interior and portal issues @ Pillbox Medical
- Fixed death screen from popping up on initial load.
- Fixed death loop around the prison? Really hope we did this time, it’s incredibly hard to reproduce properly
- Fixed sound not playing at the correct volume because Howl wasn’t being used properly
- Fixed flare gun not being registered as a valid weapon.
- Fixed having to toggle the radio twice to register loss/gain of item properly.
- Fixed having to toggle your phone twice to register loss/gain of item properly.
- Fixed speedo popping up on load.
- Fixed chairs so you can’t get stuck anymore when pressing X
- Fixed disc brake glow applying to all vehicles
- Fixed bikes and boats not being able to do wheelies
- Fixed coma bug in vehicles that allowed players to continue controlling it
- Fixed VoIP issue where you could hear all voices while loading in.
- Fixed city hall blip not showing up properly.
- Fixed radio not properly checking if the player is dead. The radio can not be used when dead now
- Fixed phone and radio not checking if the player is unarmed. Now sets the weapon equipped to none
- Fixed certain interiors in Legion square causing player crashes.
- Fixed issue that chat commands (/ooc, /pd) would still send even when blank.
- Fixed collision issue with Krapea
- Fixed occasional disappearing cell doors at MRPD
- Implemented a fix for the police registration search function where the information about the player was stuck on the screen.
- Fixed collision issue at the Crucial Fix in legion
- Fixed possible texture issue that arose in legion square due to common filenames
- Fixed interior issue that could arise occasionally at Sandy Shores PD, rendering it invisible.
Of course, our first priority will be addressing any bugs that may come up in production during this update but, here’s a look at what we are focusing on for future updates.
Multiple Characters and Character Slots
We are attempting to tweak our current system, with minimal changes, to allow for the introduction of character slots and more than one character. Due to the nature of our backend framework, this could actually be incredibly difficult to implement. We have an idea for accomplishing this but it will require immense testing with the current codebase. But, the easy part of this is creating the front end so @TasoAGC has done that. Here’s a preview:
If you have issues viewing the video click here.
With upcoming updates we will be trying to shift away as much as possible from use of the K menu. This functionality will be transferred to a plethora of planned new scripts but these changes will take further time and testing. One of the ways we plan to move some of these options is through the use of a new radial menu. @TasoAGC has started working on implementing this new system. One of the first things to have been ported was the attitudes section. Here’s a short WIP look.
If you have issues viewing the video click here.
Considering the number of changes made during this update, user feedback regarding bugs is essential to ensuring that we can provide the best experience possible for players. If you come across any bugs please follow and submit the bug report template found here.